To achieve this proportional front-to-rear brake bias, Rotora's opposing piston calipers are fine tuned by increasing the clamp load to the optimal level while utilizing your Audi's stock master cylinder to retain overall front-to-rear brake bias. Rotora's full big brake system design delivers excellent initial bite, exceptional modulation, and consistent pedal feel for street and track use applications.
All systems are ABS compatible and direct bolt on replacement with minimal modifications required.
Components & Features of the Rotora Audi Brake System
- Rotora forged billet aluminum calipers with sequentially sized piston bore sizes engineered to each Audi model to minimize pad taper wear for longer pad life.
- All Rotora calipers are fully forged for optimal strength, stiffness and light weight.
- High temperature dust boots are included to reduce caliper maintenance.
- Rotora two-piece constructed 7075 T6 billet aluminum hat to reduce heat related stress and unsprung weight.
- Rotora Anti-Rattle Float Drive Hardware for two-piece discs systems to allow discs to expand and contract under extreme usage.
- Rotora one or two-piece directional vented (heat treated) discs to increase airflow/cooling under severe braking. Slotted or drilled/slotted oversize discs up to 16” (405 x 36mm) to ensure increase thermal capacity while relieving the disc and brake pad surface free of excess debris. All discs are coated with anti-corrosion zinc plating as added rust protection.
- Rotora 7075 T6 billet aluminum caliper bracket (depending on application) to reduce unsprung weight.
- Rotora’s range of ceramic to carbon metal brake pads are designed to accommodate street to extreme track use with high co-efficient of friction and high temperature fade resistance.
- Rotora DOT-compliant stainless steel braided brake lines to improve stiffer pedal feel and prevent brake hose expansion.
Optional Features of the Rotora Audi Brake System
- Standard Caliper Color: Red or Metallic Blue.
- Custom Caliper Color: Dark Blue, Chrome Polish, Gunmetal, Gold, Silver, Black, Green, Orange, White, Yellow, or Titanium Polish (lead time of 60 days depending on application).
- Brake Pads: Rotora offers a wide range of pad grades to suit all Audi applications. Read our full review of Rotora brake pads for your Audi.
- Disc Type: Slotted, or Drilled/Slotted Discs. (For more severe applications, slotted is preferred. For street and light track use, drilled/slotted is acceptable).
Click to read more about Rotora ceramic brake pads, brake discs and stainless steel brake lines for your Audi. If you would like to improve braking performance while retaining the use of your original Audi brake rotors, check out the Rotora Audi Brake Caliper Kits.
More About Rotora
Rotora is a worldwide aftermarket designer and manufacturer of high performance braking systems and components including racing calipers, cast iron, and ceramic composite brake discs, stainless steel braided brake hoses and pads ranging from street performance to racing & high-performance upgrades.
Previously established as an Original Equipment Manufacturer of aftermarket brake components (including OEM aftermarket calipers, brake discs, drums, and pads) in the 1980’s, Rotora utilized its technical and production knowledge to offer motorsport enthusiasts affordable high performance brake upgrade systems. As racing enthusiasts, the founding partners of Rotora share the same passion and dream: to develop an uncompromising braking system to meet and exceed all required brake performance specifications in the severest conditions of all motorsport fields. This drive towards higher innovative braking solutions not only involves exploring new materials and new technologies, but also the research in vehicle dynamics to achieve the greatest balance between efficiency, stability, reliability, and controllability.
Through rigorous research, design, engineering, along with extensive road and track testing to produce the most innovative and cost effective brake systems and components available on and off road, Rotora’s high-quality and specifications are maintained through strict ISO quality control in Rotora’s production facility, which assures that every component meet worldwide ISO quality and safety standards. Rotora has received TÜV certification on certain vehicles models and will continue its verification on future model offerings through TÜV.
With a worldwide sales network, Rotora manages all phases of development from conceptual design, development, testing, machining, quality control, distribution, and customer service support in Rotora’s manufacturing facility in Southern California, USA. Today, the company continues to manufacture a wide variety of high performance brake upgrade systems and components for the Domestic, Import, European, and Truck/SUV applications.
The success of Rotora could not have been made without the productive partnership with organizations from manufacturers to race teams. These partnerships play a crucial role in Rotora’s continuing advancement. Craftsmanship, innovation, and performance: these are the commitments Rotora offers to consumer demands for the very best in quality, safety, and performance products.